RETURNS AND WARRANTY POLICY
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and our dedication to customer satisfaction.
We design all our products keeping in mind your sports journey. Quality is at the heart of
everything we do. So if you are having second thoughts or our product doesn't perform for
you, we will take it back, subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. We back
everything we make with a 30 days return policy.
“We” are Decathlon South Africa Sports (Pty) Ltd, and “us” and “our” have a corresponding
We are a private company incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South
Africa with registration number: 2015/118486/07.
Our registered address is Newmarket Mall, 6 Heidelberg Road and Ring Road East, Alberton,
Gauteng, 1449 and we will accept service of all legal documents here.
Our telephone number is +27 10 880 1845.
“Product(s)” means any goods or other products that are made available in our stores or on
“You” means the purchaser and/or user of our Products.
Conditions of use of Products
All of the Decathlon branded Products come with a minimum guarantee of 2 years. Select
Products have longer guarantee terms. You will be able to see the guarantee per product in
stores and online on decathlon.co.za.
In order to successfully make use of our guarantees you will be required to use the Product:
- For its intended sport and in accordance with its intended purpose.
- In accordance with the Product description and within its limitations. If you are unsure you can check the price placard in store or please consult one of our sales assistants. You can also go onto our website at decathlon.co.za to see the Product description.
Consumer Protection Act
If the Product is not protected by our guarantees you are still protected by the Consumer
Protection Act, 68 of 2008, as amended, (“the Consumer Protection Act”) in accordance
with the below provisions:
The Consumer Protection Act states that all products come with a 6 month implied warranty;
that the products are –
- Reasonably suited for the purpose for which it was generally intended;
- Of good quality and are in good working order; and
- Usable and durable for a reasonable period of time.
In the event that the Product does not comply with any of the above Consumer Protection Act
warranties you have the option, within 6 months from the purchase of the Product, to either:
- have the unsafe or defective Product repaired or replaced; or
- request a full refund.
All of our guarantees operate concurrently with and not in addition to the implied 6 month
warranty period provided for in the Consumer Protection Act.
Conditions of returns
You have 30 days to return a Product for any reason provided that the Product is in its
original condition and preferably if the Product is in its original packaging and is unused.
You are required to submit your till slip as proof of purchase in order to achieve the return. If
you do not have your till slip we will not be able to complete the return but we may permit a
replacement of the Product for equal value.
In order to effect a return on a bank card you must present the same card that was used to
make the purchase. Unfortunately, we will not be able to do a refund if you do not have the
same card that was used to make the purchase.
In case of a manufacturing defect, we will take the Product back, no questions asked.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept a return of Products:
- that are deemed to be damaged on purpose or not properly maintained;
- that are stained from any substance;
- that have been partially or entirely disassembled or altered;
- used outside of their intended sport and/or purpose;
- used beyond the restrictions of that Product;
- that have degraded from normal wear and tear;
- that are perishable goods such as food and drinks; or that cannot be returned for public health reasons - in particular, we will not accept a return for undergarments or costumes.
After the expiry of the implied 6 month warranty period, based on our assessment (condition
of the product and length/frequency of use), we retain the right to accept or refuse the return,
and in the case of a return, will choose the adapted solution (repair, exchange, partial or full
We reserve the right to effect a partial refund only, if the Product is not returned in its
original packaging or if it has been used to an extent where we are unable to resell the